Wednesday 16 November 2011

Sugar Bowl Challenge 71

I don't often get the chance to do much crafting with work and family life but I am trying to make more of an effort, so this week I attended my local crop which I love going to as sometimes it's the only day in the month I actually get to do something.  I decided to put my time to good use and I made a card (which I will give to my sister-in-law for her birthday) for this weeks Sugar Bowl Challenge 71 set by Erika.


I have used Sugar Nellie stamp Simply Sassy Butterfly Girl which can be purchased here.  Isn't she just gorgeous.  I love this range of stamps and have only got 9 to get for the full range :)  


I have used my promarkers to colour the image.  I am getting more into colouring blonde hair as it's taken me a while to find the right colour combination but I think I am getting there now, what do you think?

The butterflies have been punched out using a EK Success punch which I purchased at the Hobbycraft Exhibition at Glasgow SECC last month.  This punch is great as it has 3 different settings on it.


The papers I have used are New Edition Bird Song then just mounted onto some plain card stock which I have distressed with Tim Holts Scattered Straw on the green and Tattered Rose on the pink and centre circle.  I used Inkylicious Ink Dusters Blending Brushes which can be purchased here instead of Tim Holtz blending tool which I found so much easier to use (another purchase from Glasgow :) ).

I hope you have enjoyed looking at my creation and please feel free to leave a comment.


5 comments:

  1. I think it is gorgeous Christel, NEED that stamp, those papers, those ink dusters and that punch!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous colouring missus - love that blonde combo, which colours did you use?

    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Christel.....gorgeous papers and I love those butterflies :)

    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete