Monday 23 May 2011

Home from Midgie Hell

Evening all, it's Sunday evening and I've had a great weekend.  I decided this weekend to visit my family in the beautiful town of Fort William on the west coast of Scotland.  Unfortunately the weather wasn't that great and I have returned home with 14 new Midgie bites (grrr).  Whilst I was there I was very fortunate to meet up with the very talented Jane Kyle and Andrea Reid, who I have met through the Sugar Nellie fan page on Facebook.  We had a lovely chat about stamping, colouring techniques and papers over coffee and cake (Yum).  

My sister was very interested in my colouring with Promarkers and I was inspired by both her and Jane to colour the hair of Carnival Balloon auburn which can be bought from here.  This is the 1st time I have chosen this hair colour and I am very pleased with the result.  What do you think?



I am going to use this card for my entry for Challenge 60 over at the Sugar Bowl

The backing papers I have used are Bazzill Basic Dots, Bo Bunny (which are one of my favourites) and layered with Papermania Capsule Collection.  The ribbon is Anita's Everyday Ribbon and the brads and beads are just from my stash at home.  I used Holly, Marine and Turquoise to colour the teal colour on the socks, dress, balloon and ribbons.  I also used Cinnamon, Tan and Putty for the beige colour.  For her hair I used Burnt Orange, Spice, Honeycomb and Oatmeal.






4 comments:

  1. Hey there. Love the card. Your colouring is fab and love the papers. And it was great to meet up with you guys too. Hugz Andrea.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Christel. Shame about the midgie bites apparently listerine it the thing to have!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loverlie card !!!!! are you supposed to wear the listerine ?? or gargle and spray it at the biting litttle vermin ???
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Cristel! Great card, shame aboout the midgies x

    ReplyDelete