Saturday 28 January 2012

A Little Bit Different

Since I have started this blog the only thing I have been putting on so far are the cards I have been making.  So I have decided to show off some of my other talents lol.  As I had said on my profile I have recently taken up jewellery making and was really busy making a few necklaces etc for Christmas presents.


This is the necklace I made for my sister Tina.



I used Beadalon 7 strand 0.62 wire to string the beads.  The main beads were some that I had in my craft stash.  I threaded some Pearl coloured 3mm beads next to the dark coloured beads and black seed beads next to the light coloured beads.  I also put on some silver 2mm seed beads to brake it up along with silver coloured crimp beads to make the beads float. 

I hope you like what I have made and please feel free to leave a comment :)

5 comments:

  1. Hey Sweetie, I have never started mine yet. How did you begin? I have all the gear but no idea where to start! Yours looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a while to get going also Karen, went to a couple of Demos and bought a heap of magazines and that helped. Maybe we should have a get together with coffee and cake, that always help with the creative flow lol xx

      Delete
  2. That would be ace. I need someone to start me off. Is there Demo's at the shop in New Elgin? It would be good though to do that x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah there is one coming up in March. I will put a post on here nearer the time with all the details. xx

      Delete
  3. Fab neckless x

    Think we should do one of those jewellery classes in Elgin.

    ReplyDelete