Saturday 11 December 2010

Getting Through To The Final 12

I learned today that I have been successful in passing Round one in the Sugar Nellie competition, YIPEE!!  I have never entered anything like this before but will certainly be doing it again in the future and it has done wonders for my confidence.

Now for Round 2. My next challenge is to make another card using again a Simply Sassy stamp but this time I get to show off more of my own craft style. I like to keep things quite simple and like to use clean lines. Better dust off the old thinking cap again, I only have to the end of next week to have it done by.  Eek!!

Today I thought I better get on with making some Christmas Cards.  I chose a very simple stamp from Lily of the Valley called The Snowman.  This is such a simple (and quick) stamp to colour. The patterned papers I have used on this card are from Dovecraft Winter Wonderland Collection from a couple of years ago. I layered them onto Papermania Premium Textured Card and with Color Box Blue Lagoon Cat's Eye I edge the card.  I punched out 4 XCut snowflakes and attached them with Papermania Mini Brad.  Finishing off with light blue voile ribbon tied in a simple know with a Christmas gem to compliment.



Please feel free to leave you comments.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting through to round 2.
    Good luck. x
    Great card too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what a difference it looks fantastic. Will have to think about doing one myself. x

    ReplyDelete